Here at BizAway, we Deliver the Future of Travel.
We are a solid international company with strong ambitions and great expertise. With a focus on sustainability, on a daily basis we support companies enabling them to improve their travel management through our constantly evolving services and solutions, always characterized by our tech attitude and smart and innovative processes.
We know that success comes from People and deserves to be recognized. Proactivity and Reliability, Kindful collaboration and communication are the core values of our Solution Culture.
If you like challenges and would love to be part of one of the fastest growing B2B scale-up then BizAway is the company you have been looking for.
We are looking for
We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic VP Finance (m/w/d) based in our offices in Barcelona (Spain) who desires to contribute to the growth and success of our Team. You will report to the CEO. The VP Finance will be responsible for overseeing the entire Finance function and will need to be dedicated to improving operational efficiency and creating value for the company. VP Finance who will act as a key partner to the CEO and the rest of the leadership team in terms of defining the future strategic direction of the business and taking a lead in managing finance, investor relations, M&A, international growth and structuring.
Your role in BizAway
- Play a key role in setting the strategic direction of the business alongside the CEO & management team delivering annual P&L budgets.
- Ownership of the financial plan/model
- Develop and grow the FP&A function that can support decision making across all functions of the business. Develop a strong budgeting and forecasting process to support Bizaway’s growth in existing markets as well as new market entry
- Drive the annual planning cycle, including business and budget reviews with senior corporate leadership
- Lead a team of managers and analysts responsible for driving P&L and balance sheet results
- Hold overall responsibility for all controlling, reporting and legal activities, including monthly and yearly reviews, forecasts, risk - and cash flow management
- Implement and drive scalable processes for cost structure improvement and margin expansion across all business categories and product lines.
- Implement, parameterize and on board all teams in the new ERP system (implementing Netsuite currently).
- Develop a strong treasury management function; ensuring budgeting and cash flow management is aligned with business growth
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts to ensure cash flow is healthy and appropriate for Bizaway’s operations
- Review performance measures that support the company's strategic direction and ensure that all reporting and forecasting is accurate and insightful
- Manage accounting and tax management for all current and future countries & currencies
- Assist the People team with the tasks related to Payroll
- Ensure all financial accounting, reporting & compliance are built and managed at a high standard
- Planning and execution of all transactions from M&A to additional fundraising
- Be a strategic partner to the CEO identifying new business opportunities and planning to go to market strategies for them
- 8-12+ of total experience years of work experience including consulting, investment banking or corporate finance with 3+ years experience in large or growing, technology-driven industries with international footprint
- Strong working knowledge in manipulating and presenting quantitative data (Excel, Google Spreadsheets etc.), ability to build flexible and comprehensive reporting templates
- Proven experience with ERP rollouts across countries (Netsuite will be a plus)
- English proficiency
- Strong analytical skills, goal-oriented, and teamwork
- Hands-on and autonomous
- Advanced accounting and finance knowledge
- Ability to influence stakeholders in order to help achieve your goals
- An empathetic, inclusive and curious attitude
✈️ A seat on a scale-up with skyrocketing growth
💰 Attractive compensation, including equity in the company and welfare credit per year
📈 Development of your entrepreneurial spirit, having the chance to implement real-impact business decisions
🌍 Multicultural and international team
🙌 Collaborative and smart environment to work and learn
🍻 Free coffee to kick-start your day and free beers to celebrate together
🏢 Remote work, flexible working policy and great offices in Europe and Middle East